Good, bad or indifferent. Over the last 3-4 years, I’ve developed the ability to not eat for extended periods of time.
Here’s an example. As I type this it’s 18:45 on Wednesday night. My last intake of food was at around 9pm last night. I’ve went for a workout (leg and back session which was really tough for around 90 minutes), I’ve worked the full day on the laptop getting loads of stuff done, I’ve practiced guitar, podcasted and multiple other activites. And – I woke up at 7:45am this morning.
Yet – I’m not hungry.
You see, I think we are all too quick to revert to the idea and thought of – ‘I’m starving’.
I hear it all the time.
‘If I miss breakfast or don’t eat in the morning I can’t function’… I’m here to tell you – That’s BS.
Yes, You are probably USED to eating every morning and having your breakfast, lunch and dinner at set times. But I gurantee you that be missing a meal and pushing back the time – You will not die.
I’m not a small guy – I’m 6 foot 2 and around 105kg (235lbs) therefore I’ve not missed many meals over the years.
But I can tell you that by limiting the times that I eat – it does a few things for me.
- It allows me to stay sharp and focused on all my tasks throughout the day without an energy flop or carb dip etc.
- It allows me to workout, run, lift etc and not be bagged up or zap my energy.
- It avoids the sometimes inconvenience of cooking or preparing a meal that day.
- It restricts the times I can eat to allow me to get full quicker and therefore allowing me to be in a calorie deficit easier If I want to lose weight.
- It stops me from wasting calories to eat during the day when I’m on the go (Let’s be honest – We get most hungry at night when watching the TV, not when we are busy working)
Those 5 points above alone are an argument enough for me to try that method.
This blog post is nothing more and nothing less than just a post to get you to try things differently, And think outside the box.
I’ve never followed bog standard thoughts or rules – And I’ve never got bog standard results.
Give this method a try and let me know how you find it.
Remember – 3 weeks minimum is the key.